Updated: 5 days ago
Hi there! As well as many of you I also like to make the game as much realistic as I can. This is why I created new Sims 4 custom traits to give to the game more realism. (Just to clarify, I love animals but I thought creating some negative traits can be useful for storytelling purposes).
All 9 custom traits are related to Cats&Dogs so you need to have this expansion to have it working.
Allergic to Fur / Cats / Dogs - you can love animals and still have the allergy, this is life ;)
What this trait brings exactly: - Uncomfortable Buff "Allergic to Fur" always when your Sim is near to animals (when animals are away, the Buff should dissapear) - Together with Buff your Sim get automatic interaction and animation of sneezing and coughing when Buff is active (your sim doesn't have to be in uncomfortable mood as dominating, he/she can be with Inspired mood dominating but if he/she has this buff they will still sneeze and cough anyway). The frequency of animation is pretty random, but as long as Buff is active the Sim will sneeze and cough from time to time (it should appear 1-2 times per Sim hour). Additional note: medicine bought via computer will not help in this case.
- New interactions added: 1) Complain about allergy (Friendly category) 2) Check how to treat allergy symptoms (Computer > Browse) Both interactions come with Buffs.
Hates Animals / Cats / Dogs: What this trait brings exactly:
- Angry Buff "Hates Animals" always when your Sim is near to animals (when animals are away, the Buff should dissapear) - For Sims with this trait building a relationship with animals will take longer (it's not impossible but I set up relationship modifier to x0,2 so this is pretty low; to compare normal is x1, and Cat/Dog Lover has x1,5) - Those trait conflicts with following traits: Cat Lover, Dog Lover, Animal Attraction
- New interactions: 1) Argue about animals around (this interaction only appears when there is a particular animal nearby - dog and/or cat - depending on the trait). > Mean category 2) Complain about dogs (available for Hates Dog Trait) and Complain about cats (available for Hates Cats Trait), or both (available for Hates Animals Trait) > Mean category - All interactions come with Buffs - For Hates Animals only Mean Introduction to Pet is available! - Whims added (e.g. Yell at Cat, Scold Dog etc.) - Several Buff replacements when your Sim has different interaction with a Pet (for example after playing with a pet, or hugging it, a diffrent buff will appear than the one set up as default)
Afraid of Animals / Dogs / Cats
What this trait brings exactly: - Tense Buff "Afraid of Animals" always when your Sim is near to animals (when animals are away, the Buff should dissapear) - For Sims with this trait building a relationship with animals will take longer (but still faster than with Hates Animals trait), I set up relationship modifier to x0,5. - This trait conflicts with following traits: Cat Lover, Dog Lover, Animal Attraction
- New interactions: 1) Warn about animals nearby (this interaction only appears when there is a particular animal nearby - dog and/or cat - depending on the trait). > Friendly category 2) Talk about your fear of animals / dogs / cats - available depending on respective trait > Friendly category 3) Read about rabies - this interaction is only available via computer if your Sim gets a special Buff (Furry Contact). It can appear for example after playing with a pet. (Computer > Browse) - All interactions come with Buffs (Read about rabies comes with 2 buffs, the second will appear after some time ;) ) - For Afraid of Animals / Dogs / Cats only Cautious Introduction to Pet is available! - Several Buff replacements when your Sim has different interaction with a Pet (for example after playing with a pet, or hugging it, a diffrent buff will appear than the one set up as default)
Store Add on enables buying traits in Store (like reward traits) - I added this option because being limited to only 3 personality traits per Sim is sometimes annoying. This way you can add more and also you can add those traits to already existing Sims.
If you don't want Store add on - simply delete the file "PetsNewSimTraits_Store add on.package"
New Version - 12/05/2021
I finally finished updating this mod and even I added there my first animation! (not very good one, but still it’s a big move forward for me!)
What was added in this version:
1. Allergy Pills – Sims with any allergy to fur can now buy pills via computer. Taking a pill will immediately remove allergy symptoms. IMPORTANT! – interaction to take a pil lis available only when Sim is standing. It’s because I didn’t know how to make animation for sitting posture…)
2. Immunotherapy - Sims with any allergy to fur can actually be fully cured now. It’s expensive and requires 3 doses of immunotherapy (Sim needs to choose interaction on phone, travel category).
3. Therapy session for Sims that are afraid of animals – each session removes temporarily negative features of traits: Afraid of Animals/Dogs/Cats. (Sim needs to choose interaction on phone, travel category).
4. EA Interactions override – I modified almost all EA interaction between Sim and Pets, to reflect more traits Afraid of Animals and Hate Animals.
a. for Afraid of Animals/Dogs/Cats – majority of interactions are locked until Sim goes to therapy session. After therapy session all interactions will be available again, until buff expires.
b. for Hate Animals/Dogs/Cats – few interactions are locked at the beginning, so it’s more difficult to get higher level of friendship with a pet. But once a Sim achieves higher level of friendship – interactions from this level are normally available (I imagined a scenario where a Sim doesn’t like animals in general, but then they meet one animal and eventually is very fond of this one).
c. This override is optional. If you don’t want it in your game, you can simply remove this one file.
5. Also I finally fix issue with icons not appearing in „Add Traits in Regular Menu” by Vicky Sims (chingyu1023).
Languages: English and Polish Russian - thanks to Rantriler German - thanks to Queen_Neko69 Portuguese - thanks to morguesable
Spanish - thanks to Nerea Lasa
French - thanks to Kimiko Soma
Italian - thanks to SimsPhoria
Dutch (by GothiqeSimmer)
Swedish (by Liba)
Conflicts: Main mod override the files: E882D22F-00000019-0000000000028181 E882D22F-00000019-0000000000029DD7 E882D22F-00000019-0000000000029DD9
Store Add on overrides the files: 03B33DDF-00000000-CEE9A466EBFC13D1 (whims.whims_tracker)
Installation: 1. Unzip into your Mod folder. 2. Files PetsNewSimTraits-Mandatory.package and PetsNewSimTraits-Mandatory.ts4script are mandatory for any trait to work.
3. Add at least 1 trait from folder "Traits - to choose". You can add as many traits as you want.
4. Store Traits add-on contain all traits but only available in the store. You can use this package as standalone (withous any other CAS trait), or with CAS traits.
Requires The Sims 4 Base Game and Cats & Dogs Expansion Pack!
This mod is free, but if you want to support my work, you can become my Patreon.
12/10/2022 - updated for 11th October patch
06/08/2022 - updated for July 26th patch
19/10/2021 - small fix
24/07/2021 - update for July 20th patch
12/05/2021 - new version
14/11/2020 - updated for November patch
1/11/2019 - French added
21/10/2019 - Spanish translation added
07/09/2019 - Store traits add on required updating for the September patch. Re-download if you use it.
Mod review by MaiaGame (French)